Thursday, June 20, 2013

Color Inspiration

My dears, I am so sorry for the prolonged absence.  I feel like my routine has completely been thrown out of whack with this move, and with it I seem to have been ignoring my little blog over here.  Now that we are all moved in we are realizing more and more that we need so many things for the house!  Bed frame, dining room chairs, couch, rugs, paint colors, drapes, table lamps...these are the things that have been filling my dreams at night {that is when you know you are too deep into the home decorating process}.  I keep telling myself that it takes time, however on the flip side I so badly want our place to feel cozy and lived in, and it can't really do that with empty walls and floors.  I guess it's just a balancing act...and honestly I don't think I will ever have my home "completely decorated" as half the fun is changing things around.

That being said, I have the basic design for our master bedroom laid out in my mind.  I was going back and forth on colors, but for some reason the above photo just stuck with me.  I love the minty aqua walls with pops of gold, pink, and canary yellow, so I decided to use this photo as color inspiration for the room.  We painted our walls Aqua Glass {shade by Pantone} and will hopefully be getting these sheets.  I would seriously love to have a gorgeous yellow chair for our reading nook, but may have to settle for a pair of canary lamps instead.  It is still most certainly a work in progress {I cannot for the life of me decide on a bed} but I am so excited about the concept and cannot wait to show you all the final results!

Image via

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you got moved in. And yes...I am so with you...when you move in..it can be oh so overwhelming! But, one step at a time. :)
    P.S. I love the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorg!!! Never apologize for a break- you're livin life girl!! ;)

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete