Monday, December 30, 2013

Art :: LA Marquees

I recently stumbled across Parisian OcĂ©ane Buret's images of LA's most famous marquees and landmarks, and am absolutely in love.  The colors and typography are just beautiful, and did I mention she captured them with a simple point and shoot camera?  I have still never been to LA and these photos are just that much more of a reason for me to change that.

PS - If you like old marquis signs and live in the Midwest I highly recommend a trip to the American Sign Museum.  Total Americana.
Images via Honestly WTF

9 comments:

  1. wow, these are all classic places and many are super close to where I live! Unfortunately, many of these locations are currently closed and I'm waiting for them to be renovated and reopened. I decided to take pictures of different locations for a before and after photo shoot. Maybe compare in a few years from now since downtown LA is changing so much. You should definitely head out here when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! Great classic finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and artsy. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these!! Something so fun and magical about old signs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i couldn't agree with you more! i would love an old marquis sign in my house someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those photos sound like they will be beautiful! i know, i have been to lots of different areas in california but still not LA. i think that needs to change :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen any of these signs live, but I would love to - they are so gorgeous and they definitely are extremely photogenic!

    ReplyDelete