Thursday, December 19, 2013

Interiors :: A Simple Christmas

The weather here in the Midwest has been unusually snowy these past few weeks and I have to say that I am loving it.  I know a lot of people moan and groan about the cold weather, but I find winter absolutely beautiful.  I love walking outside and inhaling the crisp, clean air into my lungs.  I love coming in from my walk with rosy cheeks to a cozy, warm home.  I love how everything in the winter feels quiet, peaceful.  

Just this past week I slipped away for an hour for a silent, snowy hike in the woods.  Gazing through the rows and rows of thin, bare trees lightly dusted with snow against the pink and grey sky, it was impossible not to feel completely serene.  Which got me thinking that winter is really all about simplicity.  And although I love Christmas decor as much {ok, probably more} than the next girl, there is something so charming and refreshing about simple holiday decor.  A small tree in the corner {plus an adorable puppy}.  A cup of hot tea to take the chill away.  A tiny cabin in the snow.  A refreshingly simple holiday mantle.  A set of favorite vintage ornaments.  All simple reminders that what is most important about the season is simply being with those you hold dear.

Follow Dreams in HD on Bloglovin' here

Images via 1 2 3 4 5 6

3 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous of your snow! Its such a rare treat here in the northwest. We usually get it once a year... if we're lucky, it sticks around for a few days. Winter walks in the woods are so incredibly special and serene. All the world is quiet. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snowy hike through the woods sounds so peaceful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so loved the snow too. Hoping for a white Christmas Molly!

    ReplyDelete