Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Travel :: NYC Part III


My last two days in New York were spent with my Brooklynite sister {see photos from the rest of my trip here, here, and here}.  We wandered through Washington Square Park and Chelsea, stopping for a fantastic lunch at Eataly.  The boutique shopping in NYC is absolutely unbelievable, one of my favorites being the Aesop store we visited.  We had a delicious French dinner in Williamsburg, stopped at Momofuku Milk Bar for dessert {the cereal milk soft serve really did live up to the hype} then had drinks at an adorable little French bar.  

The last day of the trip Amanda had to work, so I ventured north to The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I always find the museum a little overwhelming.  It is so big and packed with so much that it is nearly impossible to see it all.  Instead, I spent about 4 hours there just meandering a few of my favorite galleries.  After a quick lunch at Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria {thank you Albertina for the fantastic recommendation} I made my way to the 9/11 Memorial.  Honestly, it is hard to really put in writing the experience I had there...but a few words pop into my mind: moving, heartbreaking, fearful, inspiring, empty, devastating, hopeful.  We will never forget.


19 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a fun trip! And that soft serve, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I'm so jealous that you went to Momofuku milk bar! ahh the BEST sweets, ever.
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh it was out of this world.
    would love to have some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely moving memorial. I haven't been to NYC since the memorial was created and I would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are stunning. Nice work, Molls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm sure your sister loves living in Brooklyn, I know I do. ;) The Met can be overwhelming, but wandering through it randomly on a quiet day is one of my favorite things to do. Actually I haven't done it in a while, and you've re-inspired me to get my butt there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos! Absolutely gorgeous! That first photo is my favorite. And it has been years since I have been to New York, and I can only imagine how eerie the site of 911 must be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was an amazing experience, i would highly recommend visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you erika! yes, it was truly a unbelievable experience. seeing the empty site surrounded by the massive skyscrapers was so haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. she absolutely loves brooklyn, and my one regret from my trip was that i wasn't able to spend more time there. next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. more gorgeous photos of NYC! i was there soon after 9/11 (the one and only time i have been) and i went down there but i couldn't bring myself to go up the platform to look at the gaping hole. it's nice to see the memorial site. it's really beautiful. and i love the installation in the bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! Makes me want to go there! :)

    -Adara

    adaradella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos!! what an unforgetabble trip. I can't wait to go back to NYC

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you albertina!
    i can't wait to go back as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. new york.. after living there for nearly 10 years.. no matter where else i move to.. it never feels quite right. i catch myself comparing everything to how new york is... since everything is always open and working and going right.
    after i moved out and i would go back to visit, i realized that i saw many more things while visiting then when i was actually living there. it really is beautiful and the best city on earth!

    fyi- loving your blog! :) and thank you for the comment on mine.

    shall we follow through bloglovin?

    xo, Brikena

    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/brikenasela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had an amazing time here in NYC. Definitely come back in the summer so you can bike over the BK bridge... something I love to do :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete