Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Travel Guide :: The Cinque Terre

I have a confession to make.  I'm going through a serious case of FOMO.  My mom and stepdad just left for a three week trip to Italy, one of my best friends is currently jet-setting in the Greek Isles, and two of my other friends are hopping through Europe.  As much as I love social media sometimes it does make you feel like everyone is off on fabulous adventures but you.  

However, I couldn't be more excited about my mom's trip.  We were initially going as a family last September but due to her cancer treatment they weren't able to go, so after much convincing on her part Ryan and I decided to go by ourselves and let them live vicariously through us.  I'm thrilled to say that a year later she is in remission and healthier than ever, and will be following Ryan and my footsteps from our Italian journey.  

I gave my mom a ten-page long document with recommendations on where to go, what to see, where to stay, and of course, what to eat!  Inspired by their vacation {and wanting to reminisce on ours} I have pulled together a short travel guide + some of my favorite photos from the Cinque Terre.  Over the next few weeks I'll be putting more together for Tuscany, Florence, Venice, and the Amalfi Coast.  Because really, I'll take any excuse to live la dolce vita.  Bon voyage Mom!  

16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your mom is doing well! I adored my trip to Italy but definitely want to get back there for some time in cinque terre! The town is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dreamy and amazing guide! I don't understand why I never visited Italy when I was living in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no plans of going to Italy in my upcoming trip to Europe, but now you're making me reconsider! :)

    www.misadventuro.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. molly, this post warmed my heart today. my favorite place in the world is cinque terre; my husband and i made our first trip together here and stayed in monterosso. your photos took me back there and i know we will visit again. vernazza is a dream <3 hope your parents enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly, I am blown away!! These photos are insane! You are seriously talented! And can I please tag along with you on your next adventure? You are the ideal tour guide. It's so thoughtful of you to help your mom plan her trip. I'm glad to hear she is doing well and able to embrace life and soak up everything Italy has to offer! Looking forward to more posts :)


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so amazed right now!! First, these pictures are breathtaking. You are so talented. Going to Italy is a dream of mine, and this picturesque town is exactly what I imagine. I am so happy to hear that you mother is healthy and able to go on this trip! It is so kind of you to help her :) I can't wait to see more of these posts because I am going to use them for my future trips (hopefully one day!) :)


    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi maggie, i just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comment...you are seriously too sweet. italy is one of my favorite places in the world and {i think} is a nearly perfect vacation destination because it has something for EVERYONE! if you ever decide to go i'd be glad to help you plan your trip as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much jessica! you would absolutely love italy...i just cannot recommend it enough :) and yes, the hiking in the cinque terre is a must!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so so much kate for beyond sweet comment kate...it means so much to me! i'll have to admit, it's hard to take a bad photo in a place as beautiful as the cinuqe terre :) and absolutely you can tag along on my next trip...i'll squeeze you in my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awe i'm so glad you and your husband had such a magical trip to the cinque terre madeline. it's almost too beautiful for words! thanks for the sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's hard to narrow it down when going to europe...there are just TOO many amazing places to see! looking forward to hearing about your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much natalie! your trip to italy looked amazing...the amalfi coast is one of my favorite places in the world so i loved being able to reminisce by looking through your beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are giving me a HUGE sense of wanderlust!!! <3

    xx, Tiffany | www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ciao, my Bella! Just arrived at CT this afternoon ! It is as amazing as you reported. We had a lovely dinner by the sea. Your photos are superb. Thank you so much for all your help. You are the best! I run to you! Kiss kiss!

    ReplyDelete